During the summer of 2018 Windows released a new update, KB4093120. It is a non – security, cumulative update for Windows 10 users. With this update, the OS build bumps up to 14393.2214.
Here we will discover its mainstream features, where to find it? And most importantly the issues that come with it. Windows 10 users buckle up!
- Fixes the repetitive bug requirement of entering a password every time you logged into Microsoft or Azure Active dictionary.
- Fixes the Issues with AppLocker listing rules applied to files that don’t match MSI files correctly.
- TPM firmware issues have been addressed. This issue does not allow “Hello” (Windows) to generate the right keys when weak cryptographic keys are detected.
- If you have been encountering the certification validation error 0x800B0109, it has been fixed.
- Starting the hosted VM stopped Hyper – V stopped working. This has been resolved.
- On restoring Active Dictionary objects with invalid backline attributes developed an Error 0x207D (“an attempt was made to modify an object to include an attribute this is not legal for its class”). This has been resolved.
- Issues that caused duplication of files or may skip while conducting a full enumeration sync session has been reviewed.
- Windows Multipoint Server with error – “The Multipoint server is not responding on this machine. To fix the issue try restarting the machine” has been looked upon.
- Solves the issues of pairing with low energy Bluetooth devices.
- Reliability issue with Microsoft Outlook has been addressed.
- When applying Microsoft Office in Active X container the issue with pressing alt key has been resolved.
- Microsoft Edge bugs have been fixed. Microsoft Edge used to go off randomly or crashed if software restriction policy was applied.
The update is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10. The 32-bit version file size is around 650 MB. The 64-bit version file size is around 1230 MB.
Note: Make sure your Windows version is 10 and 1709. You will not require any previous updates to be downloaded.
How to Install this Update
Step 1: Another way to download and install this update is, first go to setting
Step 2: Now go to ‘‘Update & Security’
Step 3: Click on Windows Update and you will see Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
Another way to get whole package is from Microsoft Update Catalog
With every update there come bugs, KB4093120 is no different.
During the creation of VMs and their required artifacts for their deployment, there have been Reliability issues noticed. Shielding File Wizard also faces Reliability issues.
Only Windows 10 version 1709 returns are applicable in the latest Cumulative update. The same restricts deployment of earlier released feature updates by ConfigMgr.
We hope your queries on Windows KB4093120 were answered. For further doubts and insights comment down below.