Error 15215 is widespread for accountants and data analysts trying to update QuickBooks. Haven’t found a solution yet? This article will guide you through various steps to irradiate the Error. Let’s first understand what the error is?
What is QuickBooks Error 15215?
While updating payrolls on QuickBooks Error 15215 can pop up. You will find the error defined as “Unable to verify a digital signature.” Amidst others the primary reasons attached to this error could be:
• QuickBooks is unable to make a successful connection to the server.
• Active Firewall is preventing QuickBooks to establish relationships.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215?
Method 1: Problem with your Browser.
Before doing anything else make sure your internet connection and the browser is functioning optimally.
- Update your clock and calendar.
• Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time > Correct the date and time depending upon the region.
- Click on the Change followed by selecting the drop-down menus for Date and Time.
We now move on to correcting your browser settings.
2. Open Internet Explorer to click on the circular gear option on the top right corner.
3. A menu option will pop out. Click on Internet Options on the menu.
4. Go to Programs and click on “Make Default” button to change your current browser as default.
5. Press OK to proceed.
The next step in the same process is to confirm if the intuit suit is running optimally.
6. Open Internet Explorer to visit Intuit
7. Right–click to open pop up menu, go on and click on properties.
8. Check the numbers in the Connection section. If they are less than 128 bits, you’ll need to reinstall Internet Explorer.
Finally, you’ll have to update your browser.
9. Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option on the top right corner.
10. Click on Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
11. Click on Connections > LAN settings
12. Check “Automatic Detect Settings” keeping other proxy server check boxes empty.
13.Continuing in the Internet Options go to Advance and check the following boxes- SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and uncheck TLS 1.2.
14. Click on OK to apply all the changes.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Desktop as Window’s Administrator.
Running QuickBooks as admin will prohibit any other application to create hurdles for the application to run.
1. Close the QuickBooks application
2. Right click on Desktop QuickBooks icon and click on “Run as administrator.”
3. Select “Yes” when asked, “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Method 3: Selective Startup
After all the measures, if the problem persists follow these steps:
1. Shutdown QuickBooks.
2. In the Start bar type “Run.”
3. When the dialogue box opens, type the following commands and press Enter – msconfig.
4. Next, System Configuration Utility opens.
5. Choose Selective Startup and uncheck ‘Load Startup Items’ checkbox.
6. Click on OK.
7. Restart your PC.
8. Open QuickBooks and try to update the payroll sheets again. A successful update means that you have successfully removed the Error 15215.
9. Now, follow previous steps and select Normal Startup in the System Configuration Utility.
10. Restart your PC again.
These are some serious steps you can take towards fixing your QuickBooks Error 15215. Make sure you have a consistent internet connection with high speed.
As discussed check your browser and the internet settings on your PC to clear out the errors. If your issue has still not been resolved, leave a comment down below, and we will get back.